Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Appearance at the Livonia Civic Center Library

Just a quick post to share additional photos from my visit to the Livonia Civic Center Library on Nov. 14th (the very day--just by coincidence--that 'Pieces of Gax' arrived in stores! We joked that it was "National Mark Crilley Day", though it was in fact Children's Book Week, which really sounds like much more fun...)

At one point I grabbed my camera and took photos of the audience, so here they are. First, though, is one of the many illustrations I did during my presentation. Trinidad Turse, who arranged my visit, says they are planning to frame this illustration, so if you're ever in Livonia, Michigan, stop on in at the library and have a closer look at it!





2 Comments:

Blogger Mayumi H said...

I was so happy to see a new Crilley project on the shelves of my local comics shop recently ("Pieces of Gax"), and so I went to your site to see what was new. "Miki Falls" looks amazing, just from the preview stuff - I will definitely pick it up. But I wanted to comment that this 'blog is really exciting.

One thing that I've always admired about your career is the way that you obviously love working with/for children. Maybe your own beautiful children have something to do with that (probably so), but it's wonderful to see such a talented creator as yourself devote so much of his work and love for art to projects that younger readers can enjoy.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

hey mark crilley i luv the miki falls book seris they r awesome i read the whole seris in 2 days thats how good they r.can u publish more miki falls books to the seris. can you please make an apperance at my school this year i go to cindrich elementary in surrey b.c thx

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home